A Monthly Newslettter of the Lafayette Genealogy Society
Volume 2010 Issue 5
20 May 2010 Meeting
Genealogical Society Lafayette
- Call meeting to order at 6:00 P.M.
- Let us rise for a moment of silence for our servicemen and women who protect us, for the families that have gone before us, and the infirmed.
- Please remain standing and face the flag, and recite the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Welcome everyone (members, guest, and special guest)
- Introduce our guest speaker, Charles Laure� who is a military historian and will talk about finding ancestors in the military. Please welcome Mrs. Charles Laure�.
- Take a short refreshment break, then again begin the meeting.
- Mr. Earl Gates will also have a presentation on finding your military ancestors all the way back to the Revolutionary War.
- The treasurer�s and the secretary�s report will be deferred to the web site.
- Do we have any old business?
- Do we have any new business?
- Are there any inquiries by our guest or members?
- Make any announcements:
� We have completed the inventory of the
in Broussard and we�re entering the data, which will soon be made available in hard copy and on CD. Sacred Heart Cemetery
� Tonight�s meeting is the last meeting at the Main Branch Library for the summer months, the rest of our meetings will be held at the South Regional Library located at
6101 Johnston Street.
� We would also like to remind you to continue encouraging everyone, especially the new members to continue submitting their family tree charts and histories or stories, along with pictures of your ancestors.
12. Adjourn meeting by asking, �Do we have a motion to adjourn this meeting?�
- �Do we have a second?�
- �All in favor say yea, all oppose say no.�
- �The meeting is now adjourned. Thank you all for attending tonight�s meeting. Please have a safe trip home.�
Henry Breaux made motion to adjourn the meeting and Ms. Martha Louba seconded the motion.
Dorothy Burleigh, secretary
Treasurer Warren LeBlanc reported no change in the balance of treasury. The total remains at $3,024.70.